Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dating Battlestar Galactica

For the purposes of this story, Battlestar Galactica is a cute boy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw BSG there in the sci-fi category in my Netflix account.

I'd heard of BSG before. Might be interesting.

But I had other interests at the time. NCIS, Veronica Mars. We'd "gone out" before and already had plans to "hang out" again.

Saw BSG again there in the sci-fi category.

Oh well, I'll add it to my queue for later.

Then later someone mentioned BSG in passing, so I thought of it again.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to go ahead and check BSG out.

So I decided it was time to "hang out" with BSG. It wasn't great, but we had a nice time. (Okay, now my alliteration is getting weird, because this is really kind of a double-date with my hubby and me and BSG....oh frak, it's a ménage à trois...).

So then we decided to "hang out" again. After a few "dates," we started hanging every night. We stopped seeing "other people" and we've started "hanging out" all the time.

----------------
Okay, okay, enough with the dating scenario.

We're on Season 2.5 of BSG and I absolutely love it. It took until somewhere in the middle of the first season for me to really start understanding the characters, but I'm *so glad* I stuck with it. For a "silly" sci fi series, the characters are amazingly fleshed-out. I laugh, I cry, I yell at the TV. It's a good show, and the writers have roped me into caring about the characters and their fight.

Excellent. Highly recommended. I can't wait to watch more! I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment